Friday, July 28, 2017

m&m's caramel

hey friends!! long time no see! I was busy minding my own business and didn't update this blog for a while but I'm back so here's a review for you. I'm going to be updating this blog more regularly... ideally I'll have a new review posted for you each week but we'll see how I feel so no promises. I've updated the about me section and am working on compiling a big ass list in the snack hall of fame. I have it partially completed so feel free to check that out while you're here. 

m&m equivalent of quartering

alright y'all to be honest with you I ate these m&m's a while ago but I saved these pictures for later. I'm just gonna say off the bat I'm not that into m&m's. in terms of chocolate candy, they're not my first choice and I would probably never buy them on my own. usually if I encounter an m&m, it's in some kind of candy gift packaging. when I eat m&m's I like to put as many of them into my mouth at one time because it feels cool. this also applies to reese's pieces but I don't seek them out unless I'm really desperate for some sweets and it's my only option.

is m&m owned by nestle? hang on I'm gonna google it. oh it's owned by mars nevermind. anyway the people that make m&m's have been coming out with a bunch of new flavor options which I am into. there's the classic peanut, but the newer ones I've seen are the crunchy, pretzel (which I love), almond, and now this caramel one. 

ok isn't it problematiqué that on the package the two m&m's dudes are ripping open this m&m and spilling its innards so you can see the caramel?

??????????????????
I checked the m&m website to look at the flavors and also found this picture. like???? I don't know I just don't want to think about torture when I eat snacks.

sorry this is so long ok here's my final verdict ....

caramel innard
  • smell: smells like a normal m&m. kind of sweet, chocolatey, idfk. I don't get any whiff of caramel from smelling the m&m.
  • texture: I feel mixed about the texture. I'm not a huge fan of chewy caramels because they get stuck in my teeth. it was satisfying to bite through the candy shell and into the soft caramel, but after the first couple of m&m's I started to feel that caramel sticky teeth feeling.
  • cost: ~$2
  • 🍥🍥🍥/5 fishcakes
  • final thoughts: I feel like I'm biased because I don't really like m&m's in the first place but I don't know that I would purchase these again. I definitely think that if you're even a little curious you should try them out because I found that the snack experience overall was pretty exciting. it's just not something I would consider one of my favs.