Sunday, April 16, 2017

hershey's cookie layer crunch

hey friends! I'm pretty hungover right now so I'm not feeling as punchy as I usually am but I do have some thoughts for you about this hershey's cookie layer crunch bar I just ate.

crunchy
last night I stopped by walgreens before going out with some friends and was looking for some going out snacks. I purchased some gardettos and these "mac and cheese" flavored cheese puffs that were on sale, but they were gross and boring so I'm not going to waste your time by writing a review about them. I think they were stale too!!! they were only $.89 but I'm kind of pissed that I bought them because it was a waste of a good snack opportunity. I gave them to some friends to sample and we had a general consensus of a 2/5 rating. also the only "mac and cheese" thing about them were that the puffs were shaped like noodles and they were cheese flavored? useless. anyway while I was in the checkout line, my roommate pointed out this lil chocolate bar and it sounded good so I bought it.

I brought the bag of gardettos with me while I was out and I didn't close the bag well enough because they spilled all over and now my wallet and purse and other belongings are gardetto seasoned. :-( :-(

sorry, I feel like this backstory doesn't really matter. today I was cleaning out those wayward gardettos from my bag and I forgot I bought this so I was very pleased when I stumbled upon it!

naked crunch bar ft. basco

crisp
  • smell: it smells like a hershey's chocolate bar. not getting any additional smells from the layers in the bar
  • texture: I've mentioned this before but I'm a big fan of take 5s and this had some take 5 vibes. according to the packaging there's a caramel layer and "shortbread cookie bits". the cookie bits look like puffed rice. the shortbread is crunchy and the caramel adds a nice chewiness. there's a whole lot of textures going on in this lil bar.
  • cost: $1.20
  • rating: 🍥🍥🍥🍥/5 fishcakes
  • final thoughts: I feel like I may be a little bit generous with this 4/5 fishcake rating, but I'm satisfied with this chocolate bar. it's on the smaller side of the chocolate bar family but the size is deceptive because it's very rich. it's like a simpler take 5 bar. tasty. if you purchase this I feel like you'll like it too.