Saturday, April 15, 2017

white reese's peanut butter cups

packaging!!!
I stopped by bucky's on my way home and wanted to pick up some kind of chocolate/candy situation. the aisle with the candy bars was facing the cashiers which made me feel self-conscious because I had already been browsing for so long so I grabbed the first thing that caught my eye -- these white reese's. in hindsight I wish I would have grabbed a take 5 but it's ok.

pretty melty
  • smell: strong peanut butter smell.
  • texture: I feel like these were a little bit oilier (is that a word?) than your average reese's. the white chocolate is pretty waxy at first bite, but when you start chewing and getting some of that crunchy pb action it melts together nicely.
  • cost: ~$1.50
  • rating: 🍥 🍥 🍥 /5 fishcakes
  • final thoughts: these were ok! the white chocolate was a nice change of pace but I don't eat a lot of reese's pb cups so I think I would have been ok with just eating a normal one. the white chocolate wasn't quite as satisfying as normal milk chocolate, but the white chocolate flavor is pretty neutral so you get a more intense pb experience. I like white chocolate a lot but I think it's better on its own or in a cookies and cream bar. I'm not disappointed, but I don't know that I would purchase these again.