Friday, April 14, 2017

raising cane's honey mustard

glossy mustard surface
hey friends! I'm eating raising cane's for dinner and since we're such good friends I thought I'd let you in on a little secret... raising cane's has honey mustard!! from what I understand, they make it in house. it's not listed on the menu so you have to ask for it so it's like you're in a cool secret mustard club. B-)

honestly, though, whenever I order it the employee sounds kind of irritated so it's not really a *cool* secret mustard club, but it's a secret mustard club nonetheless. I love chicken strips but it really bums me out when I'm in the drive thru and the person running the window screams HEY HEY HEY WANT SOME CHICKEN TODAY??? or something to that effect at me. it's alienating and makes me feel bad.

I don't know if this counts as a snack? it's a condiment. I guess I don't care because it's my blog and I can post whatever I want. anyway here's my rating on this honey mustard

  • smell: it smells so nice. it smells like honey and also bread.
    action shot
  • texture: super runny/watery. I've never seen a honey mustard so thin!
  • cost: it costs the same as whatever an extra side of cane's sauce would, so I think it's something like 50 cents. if you get a meal you can also replace the cane's sauce with the honey mustard.
  • rating: 🍥 🍥 🍥 🍥  /5 fishcakes!
  • final thoughts: man I love this honey mustard. I'll usually get cane's sauce too and dip my fries and toast in the cane's sauce, and save the honey mustard for the chicken strips. it's definitely a honey mustard, as the honey taste is predominant and the mustard taste is subtle. it's satisfying in the same way that maple syrup in chicken and waffles is. definitely some sweet/savory dynamics going on. I love dipping sauces and having several dipping sauce options is very important to me as a fast food consumer. I highly recommend it!