Friday, April 14, 2017

chester's flaming hot puffcorn

puffcorn bag
hey everyone!! welcome to my very first snack review! today's review is about chester's flamin' hot puffcorn.

to be honest with y'all, I had high expectations for this puffcorn and was pretty disappointed. I am a big fan of the "flamin' hot" family of snacks and I love puffcorn, so I was hoping this would be sort of a flamin' hot pirate's booty kind of situation. I also think that the bar was set pretty high because of how tasty hot fries and hot cheetos are. something about the flamin' hot seasoning and texture of the puffcorn really turned me off. I was impressed with how well distributed the seasoning was on the puffcorn. also, don't make fun of me, but I got overwhelmed with how spicy the puffcorn was after a handful or two. I think that they were a lot spicier than your normal flamin' hot product because of how condensed the seasoning was on that little puffcorn. I left the bag at my friend's house because I didn't want to take them home with me.


a single puffcorn
  • smell: musky, flamin' hot smell. if you've sniffed a hot cheeto or hot fry, it's very similar.
  • texture: airy like a puffcorn should be, a little bit too grainy for me.
  • taste: spicy!!! like a corn snack
  • cost: as you can tell by the package, it was $2 ONLY!!! the bag was big for a $2 snack, so I would say you get a lot of puffcorn for your money.
  • rating: 🍥🍥 / 5 fishcakes
  • final thoughts: I think if you're looking to shove a lot of spicy things into your mouth at one time, this is the snack for you. I thought they were okay but they really don't compare to the hot cheeto or hot fry. I think that they're a pretty good value at $2/bag but I wouldn't buy them again.