Friday, November 30, 2018

hi again

hello my friends!!

it's been a little over a year since I've last updated this blog. I hope this year has been kind to you! I think at some point I had claimed that I'd update the blog on a weekly basis. while I did not follow through with that claim, I do anticipate that I'll continue to overpromise and underdeliver as this seems to be a core trait of mine. please continue to keep your expectations low as I have a life and do many different things that require my attention. I can't always give the people what they need (thorough and unbiased snack reviews) but I will continue to try, dear reader.
Basco, who is sporting a new haircut for the winter, is still doing well thank u for asking

anyway! the most relevant change that will affect this blog is I'm now... vegetarian! bordering on vegan kinda! the sense of moral superiority I developed from the diet didn't make up for how cranky and hateful it made me feel. kudos to all of the humble vegans out there, it's really difficult to shut the h*ck up while also following through with how much of a lifestyle change it is. my biggest struggle was feeling annoying while going out to eat/eating at peoples' homes/not being able to eat my mom's food/etc. also no more cheesy powdered snacks? awful. I try to practice veganism in my personal life as much as possible but I feel my diet has become much more ~flexible and I don't worry about it as much.

I know what you're thinking..........I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DIET OR LIFESTYLE CHOICES!!! I definitely agree with you and I'm going to stop talking about it now. mostly, though, there won't be any meat-related product reviews (rip chicken strips). does anyone care? idk probably not.

so! cool. I have additional exciting news that I can't talk about just yet, but it'll leak into this blog and hopefully it'll expand into more mediums and idk whatever else I feel like doing. I'm also going to be changing the look of the website! and also obviously adding more reviews! woooo0000000oooo0o0oo stay tuned !!!

xoxoxoxo,
daphne